Net production from the Bakken shale reservoir in North Dakota set an all-time high for the company in the fourth quarter, Continental Resources said. Continental is one of the more active U.S. shale players, with its average of six rigs in the Bakken shale planned this year representing about 10 percent of the total active rigs in North Dakota, the No. 2 oil producer behind Texas. Of its total proved reserves to year-end 2017, the Bakken accounted for 48 percent of Continental’s total. Fourth quarter net production in the North Dakota shale averaged 165,598 barrels of oil equivalent per day, up 58 percent from the same period in 2016 and an all-time high for the company. About 80 percent of the […]